Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note for anyone heading to Newton tonight or tomorrow for the services. I truly hadn't even thought about anyone from my school coming so I cannot tell you how much it means to me that some of you are. To know that your love exceeds the Knox campus is outstanding. If anyone does want to spend the night in Newton, between the visitation tonight and the funeral tomorrow, we have plenty of places for you to sleep. It's totally okay if no one does stay, I just wanted to extend the offer.

Here are some detailed directions in case they are needed.  I know you all have google maps and such but I figured I might as well throw these out anyway.

To my house: From interstate take 1st Newton exit, follow road to first avenue, turn left onto first ave. Follow 1st ave all the way past Hy-Vee, turn left on E. 8th St., go two blocks and turn right onto 4th ave. My house is 615, the one right past the park on the left. Come right up the driveway to the back door.

To the funeral home (visitation 5-7 pm tonight): A few blocks past the road to turn to my house, turn right on  E. 3rd street N. and the funeral home is right on the next corner. It's a light tan brick building.

To the church (funeral tomorrow 10:30 am):  From 1st ave, right on E 19th St., left on 4th Ave, but just for a short way, right on E 19th St, and St. Luke is on the left.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This is the hardest week of my life thus far, but having so many people to love us has provided comfort and strength. Please know how much we appreciate it.

Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment