Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I just came to say Hello!

First of all, this song has been one of my staples while in Denmark.  I didn't know it before I came here so I am pretty sure whenever I hear it (which better be a lot this summer) my thoughts will be magically transported back to Copenhagen and all the places I heard the song: birthday parties, friday night bars, dance clubs, jumping on the trampoline and playing garden soccer.  Yes, future roommates better be ready...you might hear this song a lot :)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQBptoNvp0&feature=related

Anyway, today was the last official day of DIS.  I am heading into the city soon for our last party.  I don't think I will stay long since I have to be up at 5 for my day of travel but I definitely have some teary goodbyes to share with friends.  I still have more Denmark-related stuff to write about (hopefully that will happen tonight!) and then I am thinking that a lot of reflecting will happen once I am back in the states so if you are interested, stay tuned for some insightful, humorous, sappy or otherwise emotional posts.  It is fantastic to have an audience, but even if I don't, I love writing this blog because it is a time where I can spill my thoughts in a somewhat organized manner and not be graded (at least not to my knowledge) on it.  I love entertaining people (which I hope I have succeeded at!) and I also love recording stories because often times my mind doesn't do such a good job of the latter.  The point of that was: my blog will not stop! Hip hip hooray! :P

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who has tuned into this blog from the DIS Study Abroad Student Blogs website.  Because I check my stats (which I realize is kind of a weird thing to do, but it is fun and gives me a bit of a self-esteem boost sometimes ) I know that quite a few people each day do log on to read my thoughts because of the link of the DIS website.  I am not sure when that website will stop showing updates of my blog so all of you out there are more than welcome to continue following even when the DIS page stops showing you that I have posted more.  Also, if any of you are interested in DIS and have questions, post them here or email me at raclark@knox.edu  I have lots of stories and advice I can dole out!  After all, I have been here for 4 whole months : )  So hit me up!

And of course, I must send an official thank you to DIS before they all stop reading my blog (which they may have already) but it has been a truly wonderful experience and thank you for having this whole blog dealio because it helped me a lot before I came over here to Denmark!

Ok, off to drink some wine, dance to some music and shed some tears.
Just thought I'd leave you with a cute photo :)

4 comments:

  1. Anyone who already has participated in a hens party knows that there are many ways to amuse the girls party.

    London hen Nights & hen party ideas london

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice post and this post is really enjoyable and this post too much and more enjoy with hen night London and hen parties.

    hen night london & hen parties in london

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    hen night london & hen parties in london

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    male strip show london & male strip clubs london

    ReplyDelete