Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear North Face Backpack...

Dear North Face backpack,

You and I started our relationship when I first went off to college, nearly 3 years ago.  You have served me well since then. I like your colors and the way you look against my brown North Face jacket.  You make me feel like I am going hiking, even when I am just walking to class.

Today I noticed that you are sick. You have a hole and I can tell it will just get bigger if I keep using you. Pretty soon you will start dropping my books and my pens all other the place...and I just can't have that. I'm sorry I wore you out by lugging you around full of heavy books, sweaty workout clothes, yummy lunch food, and my computer, amongst other ridiculous odds and ends.  Thanks for sticking with me in the car, on the plane, on the train and on my bike as we weaved giddily through the Copenhagen streets.

Unfortunately, I think it might be time for your friend, the DIS backpack, to replace you.  I am terribly sorry that you will not get to see the mountains in Austria, the beaches in Barcelona or Copenhagen in the actual spring time.  I promise I will not have quite as much fun with DIS backpack as I would have with you.

Thanks for carrying all my stuff for the last 3 years, backpack, and for stealing my heart somewhere along the way. We've had some good times. I will miss you greatly.

Love, Rachel

1 comment: