Saturday, April 2, 2011

A bug? No no, I didn't ride a bug.

I was just reading over my last post since I wrote it pretty late last night (and in between a few pre-bedtime naps).  Anyway, in the last paragraph I wrote "...and I took a bug to the airport."  I just wanted to point out that I did not in fact, take a bug to the airport...I took a bus. Although I do think taking a bug would have been a lot cooler (I am picturing a me-sized one-person lady bug car flying along the streets of Edinburgh).  I could have just gone in and changed that little type, but I thought it was too funny to change so I might as well leave it. Hopefully it makes a few people smile or giggle :)

While I am on here writing I might as well keep trying to catch up because in just a week I will be headed out on my next big adventure to Austria and Spain and I don't want to still be writing about my March adventures then. When I got back to Copenhagen on Sunday I tossed my stuff in my room and headed out on a little excursion with Karina and Jesper.  Rebecca was at her Uncle's flower shop up north so we went up to pick her up, do a little shopping and see the ocean.  It appears I have run out of room for photos on the blog : ( so I will have to figure something out so I can keep showing you the beautiful sights.
We walked around the town, stopping at cute shops (where I found a pair of Toms shoes for 100 kroner!!) and then we walked up around the docks where lots of adorable boats were kept.  From there, we could see Sweden across the water...which is just so darn cool.  It was a beautiful sunny, warm day and once we left that area, we drove down the coast so that I could see all the beautiful villas.  With my love of architecture and sunny days...that combination made the afternoon ride just incredibly lovely.

Monday was my big presentation in my Danish Architecture class on the 8-tallet (a.k.a. Eternal 8-house in english).  Have I said anything about it in past posts? I probably have...but that is because a lot of my time has been learning about, examining and analyzing this building.  The combination of residences and commercial spaces in an aluminum and glass and wood encased structure. I think it's beautiful.  And as thing turned out, we ended up giving our presentation on site, sitting on the grass in one of the outdoor courtyards at the 8-tallet.  We didn't use our powerpoint or notes...but I still think we rocked it :)
Monday night I went to badminton as usual (my partner and I even won the first match we played!).
Tuesday was psych class and developmental neuropsychology followed by riding my bike home from the city (which is still difficult, but getting easier each time I do it).  I am really going to miss Copenhagen's convenient bike lanes when I try to ride in Iowa City this summer.  I just love how bikes are taken seriously here...although I have to admit it can get a little frightening when I find myself suddenly surrounded by 20 other riders who are all trying to get to work at the same time.  Out of necessity I have become quite proficient at hand signaling and passing on the left.

Anyway, Wednesday morning we went on an awesome field trip for my Positive Psych class.  I think I will actually write quite a bit about the trip because it was so relevant and interesting that you all might be as fascinated as I was.  Unfortunately, it is again late at night and my tired brain won't be able to do the experience justice. So...for now I will sleep and then, as always, I'll be back with more later : )
Hej hej!

No comments:

Post a Comment