Sunday, April 3, 2011

Speak now or forever hold your peace

I have discovered that in order to continue adding new pictures, I will have to delete some of the old ones.  Any objection to that? I do hope that you have more exciting things to do than go back and read my old blog posts...and if you do not then I will just have to do my best to post new things that are even more exciting than the old ones : )

On another note, I had the most delicious Danish pancakes this evening.  The taste is still in my mouth and I don't want it to go away.  They are a much, much, much thinner version of American pancakes, more like crepes actually.  They are made with a few different ingredients...no baking soda, for example. And they are just. plain. delicious.  I will DEFINITELY be making them back in Iowa, once Jesper teaches me how that is.  He made all of them tonight, so I think he is quite the pancake master.  Filling options this evening for the pancakes were maple syrup, sugar, strawberry ice cream and vanilla ice cream.  I tried them all (I think I had 7 or so pancakes total) and they were all fabulous.  I have to say I think the ice cream inside was the best, although sugar comes in a close second. Mmmmmm.

On one more note, I have figured out where I will be spending this summer.  I got accepted into the University of Iowa Undergraduate Research program, so I will live at U of I in Iowa City and do Neuroscience research.  It will be quite a change from lifeguarding like I have done the past 6? summers...and I am certain I will miss those lovely days in the sun and my swim lesson kids and my water aerobics ladies : (  But I am very excited about this opportunity too.  I guess I will finally learn if I love research as much as I think I do...and if I can actually be a city girl : P

Ok, I suppose I should get back to work.  Tomorrow starts another big week of projects and tests so wish me luck! : )

2 comments: