Wednesday, May 29, 2013

From Austria to Italy


Also known as, from snow covered mountains to green covered mountains. Michael and I both slept for the first half of the first leg of our train ride to Florence. We left Innsbruck at 927 am, waved goodbye to innsbruck's beautiful mountains and made our way into gorgeous Italy. I tried to stay awake to see the sights along the way but anyone who knows me knows how bad I am at actually staying awake in a moving vehicle. I didn't get to sit by Michael or by the window so I did a lot of head bobbing, eyes closed, startled waking up, just to go back to sleep again. I'm sure I looked ridiculous. Finally I opened my eyes and saw beautiful green fields with adorable houses and villages nestled onto the sides of mountains and I urged myself to wake up so I could see more. Michael and I went to the food car and ordered a light lunch and drinks mostly so we could sit together and have a good view. We took many pictures, oohed and aahhed (that part was mostly me) at the adorable villages, and met a guy from Texas who said that he "knew we were one of them" (the Americans, we presume). Now we have about half an hour left on the first leg of the trip. We will get off at Verona and take another train to bologna. From there it will be a short ride to Florence.  And then m and I will find the bus that will take us to our countryside olive grove bed and breakfast. It looked wonderful online so I'm very excited. I think they will have a dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment