Saturday, May 18, 2013

People watching people


It's like in the movies, where everyone on the upcoming flight is lining up and the screen zooms in on certain characters, highlighting the woman in high heels, the older man who looks very sophisticated and is mentally counting something with the help of the hand that rests on his carry-on suitcase, the woman on a work call whose Danish accent is clearly heard through the perfectly English words, the numerous men in suitcoats who obviously have somewhere important to be, the girl my age with the badass headphones (she's obviously cool), the dude in a pearl jam shirt, Starbucks coffee in hand. I could go on and on.  There was a slight delay in boarding so this whole line of people was standing in line right in front of a sitting me, just waiting to be people-watched. I've made eye contact with most of them. Makes me wonder what they think of me. And if any of them think this is almost like the movies, when the shot freezes as the viewers are introduced to each person, interesting in their own way, distraught or ecstatic for their own reasons, all of which will be revealed later in the season.

I wish I could write stories. This is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment