Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's a two blog night

That was supposed to be funny. But then I realized that the band name is actually three dog night and so my joke suddenly made much less sense. But I hope you at least got a small chuckle out of that.

I just wrote my second post in my science blog (www.clarkonneuroscience.blogspot.com, if you are already bored of this post and want some science), hence the two blog night title. I had to hold myself back while writing it from a few really cheesy jokes and from using too many lingo words. So, lucky you, I'm going to use all of those here! I think that's the beauty of having two blogs. Provided I don't neglect one of them, I will always have a nice place to blow off my blog steam after being all nice and proper.

So now I have to talk about something besides science. Hmmm...I obviously hadn't thought this far ahead. Let's start by talking about how I am now a full-flegged member of the social interwebs. And I don't know how I feel about it. I now have, in no particular order,
Facebook
Blog (obviously)
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Facetime

I got an iPhone recently due to the very heartbreaking end of my blackberry. My poor Sprock 2.0 (my first blackberry was named Sprock, but then it broke and when I got my new blackberry, he became 2.0 because, try as he might, he couldn't quite replace Sprock 1.0). Anyway, his battery had been wearing out gradually, such that he'd turn off partway through the morning after only being awake for a few hours. I guess I do that sometimes so I can't complain too much. But the breaking point was when he turned off when his battery wasn't even low and he wouldn't turn back on until I had fully charged him. And even then he was hesitant. So I took him in for repair and the Sprint employees informed me that I was due for a few phone and the iPhone 4 was free so why don't I just get a new one. Well, ok. If you insist.

So now I have Ollie (shout out to Dan for coming up with the awesome name!) And because I haven't quite gotten used to keyboard-less texting yet, I feel as though I constantly have my nose to my phone. I walk down the street and feel the same way I did when I was little and would literally have my nose in a book. But that was way cooler. Now I look up in time to stop at a red light and suddenly I've sent a text that read "How's it king over tree? Having a food day?" (translation: How's it going over there? Having a good day?)

And then I feel ridiculous.

ANYWAYS, back to me and my social interwebs, because I'm a newly addicted iphone-addict I've jumped on the apps bandwagon and got myself connected to the world in more ways than necessary. I'll admit that I'm already enjoying instagram because it gives me more reason to take fake-artistic photos and pretend that every view of my life looks like that. But to best honest, I don't know how to link in, or twit or...I guess that's it. I know how to do everything else.

The point of this is that I don't know how I feel about it. I do love staying connected with people through facebook and I think I chose good people to follow on Twitter because the two times that I've checked it since I got it I've seen posts about science, swing dancing and the Veronica Mars movie. What more can I need?






fds

No comments:

Post a Comment