Wednesday, June 5, 2013

To Nice


The first of our 3 legs of the train ride to Nice is gorgeous so far, at least the parts I've been awake for. Which is probably like one tenth of the actual ride. I keep falling asleep and waking up when my head bobs all the way to my chest, and Michael is laughing at me from his seat. He's actually reading about Nice, being productive. At least one of us will know what is going on when we get there.

I'm very sad to have left cinque Terre. I can't wait to write about it. It was unlike anywhere I have ever been before. A wonderful place to relax and enjoy a few lazy days. We did do some hiking, but the conditions weren't good enough for us to do quite as much as we wanted so instead we went in shops and, when the sun finally came out, we laid out on the rocks and dangled our feet in the Mediterranean sea. Which is beautiful. And when the sun shines on it, it's my very favorite color of blue. And even when the sun doesn't shine on it, it's a nice grey. Again, win-win.





No comments:

Post a Comment