Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cardigans and jargon

1. I bought new cardigans. Two of them! (Re: the middle of Aug. 15's post)

2. New words of the week

dysarthria: impairment in the motor-speech system that results in difficulty articulating

malinger: feigning illness (in the context of using neuropychological assessments to determine if one is truly impaired or is "faking it")

gliosis: growth or production of astrocyctes in areas where damage has occurred in the nervous system

masticatory: relating to the act of chewing (often times a description of abnormal behavior rats engage in after brain damage or surgical tissue resection) 

interictal: the time period or interval between seizures or convulsions

congener: organisms within the same genus

3. I don't have a third thing.

Oh I guess this can be my third thing: I survived my first week of graduate school (and enjoyed almost all of it), think my classmates are super rad and have gained one pant size because my legs are so much bigger from all this bike riding. Weird.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment