Friday, January 14, 2011

Last night in the US

I wrote this post while riding in the car with my parents on our way to Omaha, where we are staying in a hotel until my flight tomorrow morning.
"We just had a lovely family dinner at HuHot with Abby and Kyle.  Of course this is the exciting time I’ve been getting ready for…but the saying goodbye is simply not fun at all.  As my time at home grew shorter, the more I began to realize how much I would miss it all.  It feels as though I will hop on a plane, fly for a little while and then land back in Iowa and return to my now very clean and somewhat empty room.  But that is not what will happen.  Tomorrow morning I will get on a plane and travel across the ocean (of course I do have a 3 hour layover in Chicago first, but that’s not the point).  On Sunday I will land in Frankfurt and get on a final flight to Copenhagen.  And thus begins my adventure.

Things I am looking forward to:
Meeting the Larsens, my host family
Seeing Danes ride bikes in the snow
Figuring out what European music is really like
All of my classes, but especially my Psych of Happiness class
Public transportation (I know it seems silly, but I’ve never relied on public transportation before so it’s exciting!)
Strolling down Strøget
Seeing Nyhavn in person and, of course, taking pictures of it
Hearing Danish everywhere I go…which will be awesome albeit totally overwhelming
And yes, I am very much looking forward to Danish pastries J

That's it for now! Next time I post I will either be in Chicago waiting for my flight or already in Denmark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment