Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, the year of adventures, has begun

Well the holidays were wonderful and flew by in a red and green flash full of family, friends and food. We had a cozy Christmas followed by a few unfortunate days of sickness (stomach flu hit me Christmas night), but then we were all healthy and happy to ring in the New Year at our traditional party with Mike and Ginny Dalton (a.k.a. my parents' best friends that I have known and loved my whole life). I am completely convinced that a New Year's Eve spent any other way than at the Clark/Dalton get-together is just not right for me. We had a blast playing games and discussing the good and the bad of 2010 and then we welcomed 2011 with cheers and hugs and the talk of resolutions. Just in case I forget my resolutions, here they are:
-Survive Denmark...and enjoy it.
-Smile more.
-Get an internship for this summer.
-Dance A LOT.

I realize they aren't magical or even unique but I honestly don't know what to expect of 2011 so I decided to be vague and then I can just go with the flow. Hopefully in a year I can look back and laugh at how much I've grown since writing those resolutions.

Trip update: My flight issues have been resolved. For whatever reason Lufthansa moved my first flight back an hour which would have caused me to miss my Chicago flight. So now I have to leave on a 10:46 am flight from Omaha and then sit in O'hare a little longer than expected. Good thing I got an awesome book for Christmas that can help occupy me. My parents and I will head to Omaha the Friday night before I leave and stay in a hotel so we don't have to leave Newton at an ungodly hour Saturday morning. I will have to be at the airport around 8 or so to check my bags and such. I will (hopefully) arrive in Copenhagen the following day (Sunday, Jan 16th) around 9:30 am.

Less than two weeks to departure and loads to get done. On the super bright side, my cousin (Hannah Seyb) is going to Scotland and we have decided to run amok in Europe together during spring break! We basically want to go to every single country, but I suppose we will have to shorten the list when we make our official plans. Wishing her safe and happy travels as she is leaving this Friday!
Happy back to school to my Knox friends.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment