Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The sky in Farum.  I just love this photo.  
In the last two weeks, besides the massive loads of paper-writing I was doing, I also did get the chance to do some fun things.  I forgot to mention this but after Bess left Copenhagen (unfortunately, we forgot to get my camera back to me so it went to Scotland with her), I went on a bike ride with Jesper, Karina and Rebecca around the lake not too far from Bagsvaerd.  It was the same lake that we drove to and walked around 4 months ago on January 16th when I first got to Denmark.  Back then it was all brown and covered in ice and slush.  I even liked it back then so imagine how happy I was to go back now that the grass and trees are green, flowers are blooming, the lake is shining in the sun, rowers are out rowing and nice cool breezes were blowing through the air.  It was awesome to see again one of my first memories of Denmark.  This time I was wearing a tank top, shorts and a baseball hat and we rode all around the lake by way to dirt parths. It is amazing to think of all the time and experiences that have passed since that first walk by the lake.  Here I go, getting sappy about leaving again.  I'll change topics right now and save the sappiness for later!

The next weekend, on Saturday, April 30th, I went with the family to Andreas's soccer game and watched his team take home the win!  I am quite impressed by how good those boys are...especially considering that they are 12.  It was more fun for me to watch their game than to watch NFL in America  (*GASP* did I really just say that?!? Sorry, I suppose that was a little un-American.  Maybe I have been in Europe too long?...Nah)    Here are some photos of my soccer-star host brother


Andreas and Sif, the adorable dog we were doggie-sitting for the week. 
The next day was the field trip to the Open Air museum and my adventure to Farum.
Traditional Danish house with thatched roof


Seaweed roof house

Pretty art I found in Farum


My computer is about to die and I need to go buy some food for this evening so I better sign off.  In just 2 hours I will meet up with some friends and then we will leave for a short cruise to Oslo, Norway! We will be on the boat tonight, spend tomorrow in Oslo and then travel back to Denmark Wednesday night.  I have no idea what to expect so whatever happens will be a surprise!  It's a beautiful day here so I imagine being on the sea will be quite lovely.  Don't worry, you will get lots of pictures as soon as I return to land.
Vi ses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment