Saturday, May 14, 2011

Run down of recent awesomeness

Here I am again: trying to summarize for you some of the really great experiences I have had in the past few weeks.  I know I just wrote about the Oslo trip, but before that were some things I simply cannot neglect to write about.  The #1 awesome thing (in chronological order, not in rank of awesomeness. You can decide the rank of awesomeness for your self):  Last Wednesday I went to a ballet at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen.  That theatre is gorgeous. I wore the fanciest dress I brought to CPH and even wore tights and my fancy shoes.  I felt like such a swanky old lady (minus the old part because I was definitely one of the youngest people there).  I went with my friend Devika and you will never guess who we saw there......




...We saw the Queen's husband, Prince Henrik!  Not sure why the Queen was not on a date with him, but nonetheless I got to sit so close super close to where he, a royal figure, was sitting.  I guess it really pays to go to a fancy event in the city where royalty lives.  Oh and also, the ballet was amazing!! It was called Balletaften (which means evening of ballet) and it was three separate acts, the first of which was a classic "ballerinas in ballet class" kind of scene and it was very nice, but the second act was by far my favorite.  It was an amusing encounter between two males and one female ballerina.  The live orchestra music for this act was fantastic.  There was a section of this act that had ballerinas in black tutus in front of a blue screen so all you could see was their shadows and their legs when they swung in the air.  The third act was also very good, although there was so much spinning I practically got dizzy just watching.  All in all it was a marvelous evening of ballet (thanks DIS for the discounted tickets)!

#2 awesome thing: I turned all of my work in on Thursday so Friday was a big day of adventuring.  I took a day trip up to the Louisiana museum. I took a short video while I was there so I will just make a new post with that and then I'll tell you more about my trip.  Stay tuned...!

No comments:

Post a Comment